Tue September 26, 2017
- Northern to cancel more than 50% of trains on strike days - Northern Rail says only 46% of its normal timetable will operate on both strike days
- Carlisle knifepoint park robbers jailed - The two men "effectively destroyed" their screaming victim when they held a knife to her face.
- Clown mask-wearing knifeman targets shop - The knife-wielding man demanded cash but fled empty-handed after being challenged by the shopkeeper.
- Lake District mountains: 'Drugged' walkers rescued - A group call police from Scafell to say they are stuck there after taking cannabis.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.