Tue December 18, 2018
- Wigton solicitor Marcus Nickson jailed for client theft - In one case he took £104,000 from the £3.5m damages awarded to the family of a brain-injured baby.
- Tinsel tales: Decades old Christmas trees and baubles - Meet the proud owners of festive decor that has been lighting-up Christmas for decades.
- Sellafield new compound plans spark safety concerns - Seascale Parish Council is also concerned the new structure would be a blight on the skyline.
- Cancer charity set to buy Barrow empty building - Barrow Council said it was close to selling the property to a cancer charity to benefit the town.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.