Mon January 20, 2020
- Stagecoach takes West Coast row to High Court - Stagecoach and its partners say the government acted unlawfully in barring them from bidding.
- Department store Beales collapses into administration - The collapse of the company, founded in 1881, puts more than 1,000 jobs at risk
- Volunteers sought to plant 25,000 trees in Cumbria - The project is part of a bid to reduce the flood risk in Cumbria.
- Gambling addict Carlisle hotel boss jailed for £107k theft - Stewart Macintosh stole the money from the family-run business over a seven-year period.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.