Thu June 17, 2021
- Whistleblower claims Sellafield HR boss 'sat on' sexual harassment claims - A former employee claims her contract was ended when she blew the whistle on harassment among staff.
- HGV driver who parked under M62 bridge praises police - Tom Birkett parked his lorry under a bridge on the M62 as police helped a teenager in distress.
- Co-op stops selling disposable barbecues near national parks - A campaign was started by a former worker after anti-social behaviour in the Lake District.
- Two men guilty of modern slavery crimes at Carlisle car wash - Sitar Ali and Defrim Paci exploited Romanian men brought to the UK to work at the hand car wash.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.