Fri April 10, 2020
- Coronavirus: Photographer captures key workers' life in lockdown - Photographer Peter Ostrowski says he is "looking for a smile and to see their passion in the eyes".
- Coronavirus: Gilly McArthur swaps icy lake swims for ice-filled bath - Lockdown means the water lover has had to make do with filling her bath with icy water.
- Ben Stokes: Wisden name England all-rounder leading cricketer in world - Ben Stokes becomes the first Englishman since 2005 to be named Wisden's leading cricketer in the world.
- Cockermouth man admits stealing £30,000 from grandmother - Andrew Penney pleads guilty to taking more than £30,000 and applying for a £10,000 loan in her name.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.