Fri August 23, 2019
- One punch attack left father with brain injury - The judge at Carlisle Crown Court said Robert Lawless's behaviour was "cowardly and thuggish".
- Rivers used as 'open sewers', says WWF charity - The WWF said it was "very unlikely" that pollution reduction targets would be met without new laws.
- 'Money mule' laundered Kendal flood victim's cash - The student had denied converting cash duped from an elderly woman into foreign currency.
- Pair seriously hurt in Workington axe and knife attack - A man is arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after two people are attacked at a house.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.