Tue June 25, 2019
- Work on Kendal's flood-hit Victoria Bridge set to begin - The work on Kendal's "Batman Bridge" follows temporary repairs after damage caused by Storm Desmond.
- Joss Naylor: Fell runner bids to finish race 57 years on - Joss Naylor said it "always bothered him" that he didn't complete the Lake District Mountain Trail in 1962.
- Silloth Town Council blunder could spark vote of no confidence - Residents are angry the candidate they voted on to the council cannot take her seat.
- Barrow murder: Man charged over death of John MacMillan - John MacMillan, 70, was found with serious chest and throat injuries at a house in Cumbria.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.