Sun October 20, 2019
- Woman jailed over shot glass attack in Carlisle - Naomi Ballantyne is jailed for seven years for glassing a man, leaving him blind in one eye.
- Scott Hanson conned devout Cockermouth man out of £27,000 - Bullying conman Scott Hanson, from Hartlepool, claimed to be living rough.
- Thwaites fire: Victim 'was hard working and well-liked' - A woman who died in a farmhouse fire has been named locally as Cath Braithwaite.
- Northern rail could be nationalised - The government is considering whether the management of the train service should be taken into public hands.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.