Wed October 24, 2018
- Lakeland flood grant scheme "created delay and conflict" - South Lakeland District Council said "limited guidance" resulted in backlogs and conflict.
- Allerdale Council staff sickness inquiry urged - Council "culture" was blamed for the authority having twice the national average of sick days.
- School receives millions of buttons for Holocaust memorial - Pupils are sent five million buttons after launching an appeal to commemorate Holocaust victims.
- Lake District cash bid to reduce 'car reliance' - A £4m bid for EU funding has been submitted to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the Lake District.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.