Sat August 18, 2018
- Carlisle grandmother jailed for possessing torch-like stun gun - Police found the weapon disguised as a torch during a search of Kelly Dargue's home.
- United Utilities issued north-west England drought permits - United Utilities can now take supplies from boreholes and reservoirs in Cumbria and Lancashire.
- Travel warning for West Coast Main Line - Network Rail is urging people not to travel on the West Coast Main Line for the next three weekends.
- I'll quit if jails don't improve - Stewart - Rory Stewart gives himself a year to reduce the level of drugs and violence in 10 English prisons.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.