Sun January 24, 2021
- Oliver Voysey raises £35,000 for Lake District Calvert Trust - Oliver Voysey, who has a severe brain injury, is raising money for a Lake District activity centre.
- Climate change: Six questions about the Cumbria coal controversy - Green groups are calling on the PM to cancel the project - but how was the decision reached?
- Workington shop robbers jailed after leaving worker 'terrified' - A shop assistant on duty at the time hopes he can return to "the carefree happy worker" he once was.
- Parents 'frustrated' as 45 children denied special school places - Parents are worried that children who did not secure a place will have to go mainstream schools.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.