Thu October 1, 2020
- Parliament: New peer sports fake fur robes - Baroness Hayman, the newest member of the House of Lords, sported a robe trimmed with synthetic fur for the ceremony.
- Jet suit paramedic tested in the Lake District 'could save lives' - The kit means a paramedic can "fly" up a fell in 90 seconds rather than go 30 minutes by foot.
- Maternity units 'too defensive' and failing to learn from mistakes - England's chief hospital inspector says maternity units are "too defensive" when births go wrong.
- Five Workington pupils excluded after girl attacked - The school says the victim was "manipulated" by students to go to the park, where she was attacked.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.